4.

Dear President Obama,

First off, Congratulations for winning the coveted position of championing our wonderful country out of the jaws of the tiger, but I have to admit, it is not a position I personally envy. Thanks for giving this letter a bit of your precious time. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

I used to be scared to death of flying. I would get sweaty palms, my mind would race, I would feel trapped and my heart felt as if were going to burst through shirt. During one of these early flights I sat next to a wise old fella who gave me a piece of advice that instantly calmed me down and has stuck with me ever since. It was this simple little statement that put me completely at ease and forever changed my outlook on situations that seemed to be out of my control. In his own words, "You know, the pilot has a family and he wants to make it to the destination just as bad as all of us". Genius. Why didn't I ever think of that? Instantly I was put at ease and my mind drifted off imagining the pilot pushing all the right buttons, pulling all of those important leavers and sweet talking the air traffic controller to get the best travel route. It was mind blowing how settling that little statement had become. I will spare you the borage of repetitive questioning you are swimming in these days and just offer up this for thought.

I need to know that we are on the same plane here. I need to know that as my pilot, as the pilot of my fellow americans that you are going to be there right along with all of your passengers now that things are so turbulent. There is a certain amount of comfort that comes from knowing that the captain goes down with the ship, especially since we are all on here together. I love this country and I do think it is truly a blessing to have been born here so I really look forward to standing together with you and all of my fellow americans as we grit our teeth, dig in and solve this dilemma.

One more thing, I myself am a man of faith as you are. I have faith that you will make decisions to the best of your ability based on what you truly believe in your heart as you also have to answer to more than just "man". My prayers are with you and your family and may you have the strength and the where with all to accomplish the task set before you. Thanks again for your time and consideration of the well being for your people.


American Citizen since 1975,
David Pender.