26.

Dear Mr. President,

It was a thrill watching you get sworn into office, and I'm proud to be of the generation that broke from the norm to elect you. I know you've inherited a mess, but I am hopeful. I also understand that this isn't your burden alone, and that I have a part to play as well. So, as you vow to do what you can for this country, I vow to help where I can.

That being said I do have two wishlist items for your administration: first is gay marriage. Someone tried to explain to me that much of that issue hinges on the definition of the word 'marriage', but quite frankly I care very little about a definition if it stands in the way of two people being legally joined together. I hope by the end of your time in office that same-sex couples have the right to be legally married.

My second wish is that once you've gotten all of this stimulus spending out of your system, that you work to bring about a Balanced Budget Amendment. It seems to me that we get into a deficit mess every time we get someone in office who doesn't care about expenditures balancing with revenue. It would ease my mind to know that we have some protection in the future from excessive spending.

That's all I have right now. Thanks for your time and good luck.

Christa
Houston, Texas