6.

Dear Mr. President,

First of all, thanks for taking the time out of running the country and trying your hardest to get us out of this mess that we’ve created to read this. It does mean a lot.

Second, you really need to give props to Ryan for creating this incredible forum for the common person to express their thoughts and needs and wishes and desires for their country and their leader.

I am a single mother living in a very tiny country town. I do not live above my means. I do not have ANY credit cards. Yet, I still struggle each paycheck just to eek out a living for myself and my daughter.

The only government assistance I currently received is reduced lunch for my daughter.

And it killed me that I had to do that. My pride took such a HUGE hit when I filled out that application. I understand that it’s there to help those of us who truly need it, but still, it stung.

I try my best to do what I can to cut costs. We buy off brands, we turn off lights and try not to use the A.C. too much in the summer, we buy deeply discounted out of season clothes from places like Old Navy and Wal-Mart, we buy things for the house (including furniture) from thrift stores and rummage houses.

Yet, I still can’t seem to pay the bills when they’re due. Not such much a lack of discipline, but lack of funds.

How is it that citizens of this country have to live like this? I’m not gonna cry “it’s not fair” because that isn’t even the issue.

Since there’s really nothing more to be said about that, I’ve got one more beef.

It’s small and probably not on your radar, but….have you seen the cost of food these days in the grocery store?

Due to this country’s current obesity issues, I’m trying my hardest to keep my daughter from falling in this trap.

However, if you go into any grocery store these days, healthy food costs so much more than the bad stuff. For the cost of fresh veggies, fresh fruits, whole wheat/grain products, organic food and healthy snacks for one week, I could feed my entire family unhealthy food for a month.

Can you do something about that?

Thanks again for listening.
Concerned in Mississippi