22.

Dear President Obama,

First of all, congratulations on the big win!! Woohoo!! I voted for you and I'm proud to call you my president! I just have a small bone to pick with you.

A few years ago, my family debated whether or not we could afford to move into a bigger house in a better school district. After lots of number crunching, we determined that it would not be possible. No matter how many coupons I clipped or what luxuries we gave up, it was a better financial decision for us to stay in our smaller house and wait to move when we could better afford it. In other words, we made a responsible decision. We continued paying our mortgage and other bills as most Americans do and hoped that one day the opportunity would come for us to move.

Now that I'm hearing that there may be some sort of mortgage bail-out for those people that got in over their heads, I am feeling a bit frustrated. I understand the need to prevent people from going into foreclosure for the better good of the nations economy, BUT I do think it should be done in a way that doesn't reward people for their poor financial decisions. Please restructure their loans in a way that does not reward irresponsible behavior.

If you are going to reward someone, please reward those of us who have been consistent in paying our mortgages on time. I voted for you because I believed that you would help to make this country better. Please be fair.

Thanks for your consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
Jen
Baltimore, MD